Spec PlanD: House Framing
what's on this page
Spec Plan-D looks at roofing and roofing materials. Part of roofing includes rain removal systems. Make sure to order gutter protection guards. You will welcome it later on.
Spec Plan D: House Framing
what you need to do —
Framing is where your house begins to take shape.
You want to inspect the work often to make sure the framing is going as planned. There are two types of framing materials:
Some points to consider:
- get to know the framer this person is one of the most important players in your home construction project
- make sure the framer is highly skilled with ready references from satisfied customers and contractors check their work references
- spend a little extra money for better grade quality lumber it will produce a better frame
- order special materials ahead of time to ensure timely delivery
have the framing inspected thoroughly before making payment you need to inspect the walls, roofing, etc., to ensure they are spaced properly for plumbing, HVAC, electrical, etc.
View "How House Construction Works" from howstuffworks.com:
Check framing building codes:
check this online building code guide: www.codecheck.com
Step 1: develop the plan
- take a completed draft of the spec sheet to your architect or planner, who will can customize a building plan or revise an existing plan that meets your specs.
- use your spec sheet and floor plan to bid the construction project to contractors
Step 2: get required building permits
- It will either be up to you or the contractor to obtain each permit.
all about permits
lookup your local government for permit information
Step 3: find pre-screened contractors and other service providers