Spec Plan O: Flooring
what you need to do —
Identify the type of flooring by room:
— hardwood down
— carpet up
— tile kitchen and bath, etc.
- Flooring materials include hardwood, vinyl
covering, carpet, ceramic tile, and some
- Ceramic tile may also be used for showers walls, bathroom vanities, kitchen back drops, and other areas of the home.
Visit our Home Building Gallery for complete information flooring:
view center: flooring (hardwood, laminate) view center: flooring (carpet, tile, stone)
Step 1: develop the plan
- take a completed draft of the spec sheet to your architect or planner, who will can customize a building plan or revise an existing plan that meets your specs.
- use your spec sheet and floor plan to bid the construction project to contractors
Step 2: get required building permits
- It will either be up to you or the contractor
to obtain each permit.
all about permits
lookup your local government for permit information
Step 3: find pre-screened contractors and other service providers