Spec PlanK: Exterior Home
what's on this page
Spec Plan-K defines the specs for home facing (brick, siding, wood, stone, etc.), house trimmings, driveway, rain removal systems and other exterior home needs.
Spec Plan K: Exterior Home
what you need to do —
Exterior home surfaces include metal or wood siding, clay or tile bricks, concrete block, stone, and stucco.
- Exterior decor includes shutters, cornices,
- Protective exterior includes mess wire
for ventilation, guards for prevention
of snow and ice buildup, and other miscellaneous.
- If you have a chimney, it must be designed for proper air flow to prevent smoking the house.
Visit our Home Building Showcase for complete information on exterior surfaces and decor:
view center: exterior siding and decor view center: chimneys view center: living room fireplace
- learn how siding is installed:
about exterior siding
Step 1: develop the plan
- take a completed draft of the spec sheet to your architect or planner, who will can customize a building plan or revise an existing plan that meets your specs.
- use your spec sheet and floor plan to bid the construction project to contractors
Step 2: get required building permits
- It will either be up to you or the contractor to obtain each permit.
all about permits
lookup your local government for permit information
Step 3: find pre-screened contractors and other service providers