Spec PlanN: Cleaning Closet
what's on this page
Spec Plan-N looks at your cleaning closet. Many homes include the cleaning closet with the laundry room. But if your budget permits, you may consider a separate cleaning closet for all cleaning materials and home storage.
Spec Plan N: Cleaning Closet
what you need to do —
Many new homes have installed cleaning closets
- as miniature janitor rooms for storing
vacuums, cleaning materials, bathroom
and bedroom linens, and laundry facilities.
- identify the amenities required such as a centralized vacuum system or other.
Visit our Home Building Showcase for ideas and information on cleaning and storage systems:
view center: cleaning closet view center: storage upstairs view center: storage downstairs
Step 1: develop the plan
- take a completed draft of the spec sheet to your architect or planner, who will can customize a building plan or revise an existing plan that meets your specs.
- use your spec sheet and floor plan to bid the construction project to contractors
Step 2: get required building permits
- It will either be up to you or the contractor to obtain each permit.
all about permits
lookup your local government for permit information
Step 3: find pre-screened contractors and other service providers